Saturday, January 26, 2019

On to the Next one

I thought I was getting better. I thought I was on the mend to not being in as much pain anymore. I thought this is the year that I will get back to running. I thought I was going to get out to more group runs.

Well that all took a change in events. Something happened but I am not sure what. I can hardly move and the intense pain is back to full force. I mentioned to my doctor again about my fingers still going numb and he said he will send a referral to get nerve testing done. I will keep you posted in about 1.5 years when I get in to get the testing done. Hopefully I will get in earlier but I have been told that is the waiting time. 

I had plans to go to the Tuesday group run. Like seriously I was going. I was even texting with Shelley and confirmed I was going. This was serious. I was committed. Until I got home from work and Marc was on the phone. "Yes. OK. Yeah. Ok. Ok. I will come in and take a look." SHIT. I knew what that meant. Marc was on the phone with his work and there was an issue and he had to go in to check it out.  Yup. So Marc had to go to work which meant I was unable to go running. I was actually disappointed. I sent a text to Shelley and told her I could not make it. We exchanged sad faces and I carried on making the kids supper.

With me, being in so much pain all the time and being tired all the time, once plans change sometimes I take that as a sign and not reschedule or try to get out later. I know I shouldn't think like that because I still have 25 pounds on since the Tely10 but ya know, oh well. 

Last night happened. Text messages were exchanged between Shelley and I, all of a sudden I had my alarm set for 7:00 AM. I made sure it was AM because a couple weeks ago I planned on getting up for a run but I had my alarm set for PM. Again, it was a sign not to run. I am noticing more and more signs pointing at "RENEE SHOULD NOT RUN."




So this morning, I get up and get ready to go. Reassured a few people that if I do fall I will not be at the AGM on Wednesday and I WILL NOT renew my membership. 



We chatted with Heather and Wilma, they were doing 6 k this morning. Go mad. You guys are nuts.  We started off running. I looked at Shelley and asked what she was training for because she was running too fast. We adjusted our speed in good time because the roads were VERY icy.  We only did a short run but that was perfect this morning. HOWEVER! On the way back guess what happened? I ALMOST FELL! You should have seen Shelley's face! I didn't fall but it was that slippery that I slipped on ice but caught myself. Even worse. We were only walking. Shelley did grab me and would not let go. We took our time and made our way back. Just to be clear Shelley did let go of me when we started running again. That would have been awkward if she didn't.

We get back to the Coffee Shop and started discussing about how we can get back into running again but not be so serious and just have fun and improve our running at the same time. We think we have a brilliant idea and we will keep you posted in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment